Roasted Red Pepper Alfredo with Feta
To be honest, I've never been much of a pepper fan, but in the last couple of years I have come to love red peppers. Not necessarily eating them raw, but I love the flavor of them blended up like in this red pepper hummus I made a while back.
This pasta is FULL of flavor and I loved every bit of it. I think you will, too.
Adapted from Closet Cooking
8 oz. fettucine
2 Tbsp. butter
1 clove garlic2 oz. crumbled feta (I used a Sun Dried Tomato and Basil variety that worked great)
1/4 cup parmesan, plus more for topping
1/2 cup half & half
2 roasted red peppers or 12 oz. jar of them
salt & pepper
1. Cook the pasta as directed on the package.
2. Melt the butter in a pan over medium heat, add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about a minute.
3. Add the half & half, feta, parmesan and roasted red peppers and simmer until the cheese is melted.
4. Remove from heat, season with salt and pepper and puree in a blender or food processor.
5. Serve hot over the pasta and garnish with parmesan and dried basil.