The cinnamon-sugar mixture makes this amazing and the glaze is such a good idea! Sally over at Sally's Baking Addiction seriously knows how to do sweets. Holy cow!
Anyway, enough talk, start baking!
Cinnamon Swirl Banana Bread
Slightly Adapted from Sally's Baking Addiction
2 cups white whole wheat flour (or all-purpose flour)
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 cup light brown sugar
4 Tbsp. (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
2 large eggs
1 1/2 cups mashed very ripe banana (about 3 bananas)
1/3 cup vanilla greek yogurt (I used Yoplait Vanilla)
1 tsp. vanilla extract
Cinnamon Sugar Mixture
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 cup powdered sugar, sifted
1 Tbsp. milk
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a 9×5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside. In a separate large bowl, beat the brown sugar and butter with a stand or handheld mixer on medium speed until well blended – about 1 minute. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. With a wooden spoon, stir in the mashed banana, yogurt, and vanilla. Slowly add in the dry ingredients. Do NOT overmix. Batter will be thick.
3. Spoon half of the batter into prepared loaf pan. Sprinkle three-fourths of the cinnamon-sugar mixture over batter. Top with remaining batter and sprinkle the rest of the cinnamon-sugar mixture on top.
4. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes in the pan on a wire rack. Remove from pan and cool completely on the wire rack.
5. While the bread is cooling, make the glaze in a small bowl by combining the powdered sugar and milk. Add more powdered sugar until you reached desired thickness. Drizzle over banana bread.