This recipe was delicious! The chicken was amazing after it had soaked in the garlic, soy sauce, honey and vinegar. I left out the dried red pepper and green onions and just used mozzarella because I have no idea what Gruyere cheese is. I even made the pizza dough from scratch with the recipe below. Next time I want to cook the chicken the same way but use it in stir fry and serve it with rice and vegetables.
Garlic Glazed Chicken Pizza
1/4 cup sesame seeds
1 cup Shredded Mozzarella
4 boned and skinned chicken breasts
About 3/4 cup vegetable oil (for cooking chicken)
Pizza Dough of choice
2 teaspoons crushed, dried red pepper
1/2 cup soy sauce
1 1/2 cups rice wine vinegar
2 cups Shredded Gruyere Cheese
1/4 cup chopped green onions
2 heads garlic, coarsely chopped
5 Tbsp. honey
1. Combine garlic, crushed red pepper, soy sauce, honey, and vinegar in a bowl. Pour garlic mixture into skillet and reduce to consistency of syrup – do not overheat and burn it. This takes ~ 20 minutes.
2. Heat vegetable oil in large skillet over medium high heat, and saute chicken until opaque on all sides (3 min). Remove, set aside.
3. Return chicken to the pan to cook, stirring constantly, until pieces are lightly glazed. Remove from heat and reserve.
4. Brush dough with vegetable oil then top with a layer of each of the cheeses and the glazed chicken.
5. Sprinkle the with green onions. Drizzle evenly with vegetable oil.
6. Bake at 450 degrees (10 -12 min)
7. Toast sesame seeds over medium heat.
8. Remove pizza and brush edges with vegetable (or sesame) oil. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve.